While working on my SP3 project, I encountered a problem: I was using new memory card, images looked fine on my camera screen and in MicrosoftPhotos. But after opening them with Camera Raw/Photoshop/Lightroom, many of them looked like this:
To recover the images, I conducted some research:
I decided to try Photo Mechanic because it has demo version. I’ve found out that the program is able to extract jpg file from raw file – the one that camera screen and Microsoft Photos preview. Obviously it’s not as good as raw file, but it can rescue you when a photoshoot can’t be redone.
Here is how Photo Mechanic restored file looks in Camera Raw:
You can see that all the corrupted area is restored.